ISO/IEC 20000is an international IT standard that allows companies to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT management. The standard ensures companies can achieve evidence-based benchmarks to continuously improve their delivery of IT services. The standard is all about supporting the business side with adequate IT services, while providing those services as efficiently as possible.
An ISO 20000 certificate is proof that your IT organization is
- Able to deliver services which meet defined quality levels
- Making use of resources in an economical
The standard is published in two parts:
- ISO 20000-1: 2002 : IT Service Management Part 1: Specification for Service Management.
- ISO 20000-2: 2002 : IT Service Management Part 2: Code of Practice for Service Management.
ISO/IEC 20000 certification demonstrates that an organization has adequate controls and procedures in place to consistently deliver a cost effective, quality IT service
Some of the key benefits are listed below:
- ISO/IEC 20000 is fully compatible with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework of best practice guidance for ITSM processes
- IT service providers become more responsive to services which are business led rather than technology driven.
- External service providers can use certification as a differentiator and win new business as this increasingly becomes a contractual requirements
- Gives you the ability to select and manage external service providers more effectively
- More opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service
- Certification audits enable the regular evaluation of the service management processes, which helps to maintain and improve effectiveness
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs
Who is applicable to?
The ISO 20000 standard is applicable to organizations of all sizes, which are:
- Providers of ‘Managed IT Services’
- Businesses that are outsourcing their IT services
- Internal IT departments / businesses managing their own IT services.
The ISO 20000 certification provides a trust and confidence to customers and partners that your organization has processes and procedures in place to demonstrate compliance with IT Best Practices.
How can ISO - Certification help you to get ISO 20000 Certification?
ISO - Certification will assist your organization in ISO awareness training, documentation, implementation, internal auditing and overall process optimization as per ISO 20000 standard. ISO - Certification is a result oriented professional training and certification service providers, offering systematic approaches to improve quality and effectiveness of the system and enhance the productivity by offering systematic approaches. Our main objective is to help you and your organization improve profitability, through better utilization of all of your resources.