OHSAS 18000 is an international series of occupational health & safety management systems (OHSMS) standards which specifies the requirements for an occupational health & safety management system. It is the standard against which organizations are assessed. Fulfilling these requirements demands objective evidence which can be audited to demonstrate that the occupational health & safety management system is operating effectively in conformity to the standard. It is generic and flexible enough to apply to any organization producing and/or manufacturing any product, or providing a service.
1. Occupational Health & Safety policy - the organization states its intentions and commitment to improving health & safety performance.
2. Planning - the organization identifies hazards associated with its operations and assesses the risks.
3. Implementation and operation - the development and execution of processes to realize occupational health & safety (OH & S) objectives.
4. Checking and corrective action - monitoring and measurement of OH & S performance to ensure that objectives are met.
5. Management review - review of the OHSMS by the organization’s top management to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
6. Continual improvement – enhancing the OHSMS in order to achieve improvements in OH & S performance consistent with the organization’s OH & S policy.
The standard is applicable to any organisation that wishes to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other stakeholders who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities.
Organisations that implement OHSAS 18001 have a clear management structure with defined authority and responsibility, clear objectives for improvement, with measurable results and a structured approach to risk assessment. This includes the monitoring of health and safety management failures, auditing of performance and review of policies and objectives.
ISO - Certification will assist your organization in ISO awareness training, documentation, implementation, internal auditing and overall process optimization as per OHSMS OHSAS 18001 standard. ISO - Certification is a result oriented professional training and certification service providers, offering systematic approaches to improve quality and effectiveness of the system and enhance the productivity by offering systematic approaches. Our main objective is to help you and your organization improve profitability, through better utilization of all of your resources.